October is the month of the Rosary
We gather together in the month of October to pray the rosary. This is a lovely opportunity to grow in faith by praying the prayers St Bernadette prayed with Our Lady in Lourdes. Learn about the rosary below.
Mrs Jones leads the prayer group at lunchtime. Please come along. You will learn how the rosary beads help us to focus on this special prayer. Perhaps you have beads at home that you could bring with you. This week we prayed the Joyful Mysteries of the rosary.
How To Use Rosary Beads to pray a child's decade of the Rosary
1. At the crucifix, begin with the Sign of the Cross and say the Apostles Creed.
2. On the first large bead say the Our Father
3. Next say three Hail Mary prayers.
4. Then say one Glory Be prayer. Now you are at the medal that joins the beads. Now you should mention any prayer intentions you have. Then announce the first Joyful, Luminous, Sorrowful or Glorious Mystery depending upon what mysteries you are praying.
You might like to read a meditation or look at a picture of the mystery to help you.
5. Then begin the decade with one Our Father all the while keeping hold of the medal.
6. On the ten small beads that follow pray ten Hail Marys.
7. Followed by one Glory Be Prayer.
8. Lastly pray the Hail Holy Queen.
9.. Now just as you began, end with the Sign of the Cross.
OUR PRAYERFUL LIFE
We have worked hard together to create our beautiful art which hangs in our Godly Play room. It will help us to be peaceful and reflective.
PRAYERS WE SAY AT SCHOOL
Au nom du Père et du Fils et du Saint-Esprit Amen
Father in heaven, I give you today
All that I think and do and say,
and I unite it with all that was done,
by Jesus Christ your dearest Son.
Our Lady of Grace, pray for us
Bless us O Lord, as we sit together,
Bless the food we eat today,
Bless the hands that made the food,
Bless us O Lord.
God Our Father, I come to say
Thank you for your love today,
Thank you for my family and all the friends you give to me,
Guard me in the dark of night and in the morning send your light.
Our School Prayer
This is our school, let peace be found here,
Let the rooms be full of happiness,
Let love abide here, love for one another and love for God,
Let us remember, that as many hands build a house, so many hearts make a school